I don't know what sadist or was it a masochist began that ritual many years ago, but I'd like to have a word or two with him or her.
Like many, I find my resolution list is very redundant from year to year, so here we go again for 2016:
- Lose 20 pounds
- Exercise at the gym without inflaming my sciatica
- Reduce my passion for wine
- Finally take the water pik I bought last year out of the box
- Floss at least once in 2016
- Get my garage and house cleaned after 30+ years of "hoarding"
- Write a book about aging gracefully...as soon as I figure out how to do that!
- Increase my sources of fun and pleasure including adding more family time
- Enjoy my miracle grandson arriving in May, along with my miracle 3 year old granddaughter along with my two young adult grandsons
- Make this the last year I make resolutions!
I wish you good luck with your resolutions and encourage you to make them. Though it can be trying, it never hurts to try.
Some would say, "Forget about trying and focus on doing!" Probably the same sadomasochistic bastards who invented new years resolutions!
Bye for Now,